Ontario Elementary Grade 5 Native Languages Curriculum
The learning expectations for Grade 5 Native languages program at the elementary level are organized into three strands which correspond to the three main areas of language use: oral communication, reading, and writing.
By the end of Grade 5, students will:
• communicate in various contexts using sentences;
• demonstrate an understanding of spoken language in various contexts, using both verbal and non-verbal cues;
• demonstrate an understanding of vocabulary and language structures appropriate for this grade;
• read sentences in the writing system used in the program;
• write sentences in the writing system used in the program;
• demonstrate an appreciation and understanding of aspects of the Native culture under study.
This is an excerpt from the original document. Intention is to quickly help you look at the curriculum and find related worksheets. For complete details and to download original document, please visit - http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curriculum/elementary/grades.htmlDisclaimer: This site is not responsible for correctness and completeness of the curriculum content presented above. In case of any doubt, please refer to the information and/or document on the official website.