Ontario Elementary Grade 8 Native Languages Curriculum
The learning expectations for Grade 8 Native languages program at the elementary level are organized into three strands which correspond to the three main areas of language use: oral communication, reading, and writing.
By the end of Grade 8, students will:
• communicate in various contexts and for a variety of purposes;
• demonstrate an understanding of ideas conveyed in various oral texts;
• discuss language structures and their functions;
• read for a variety of purposes in the writing system used in the program, including information and enjoyment;
• write in a variety of forms and for a variety of purposes using the writing system used in the program;
• use correctly the grammar and vocabulary elements specified for this grade;
• use information technology to communicate in the Native language;
• demonstrate a variety of research skills;
• demonstrate knowledge and understanding of various aspects of the Native culture under study.
This is an excerpt from the original document. Intention is to quickly help you look at the curriculum and find related worksheets. For complete details and to download original document, please visit - http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curriculum/elementary/grades.htmlDisclaimer: This site is not responsible for correctness and completeness of the curriculum content presented above. In case of any doubt, please refer to the information and/or document on the official website.